GENERAL LIBRARY RULES
1. The reader shall maintain perfect order and silence in the library.
2. Making noise, spitting, smoking and to visit the library in intoxicated condition is strictly prohibited in the library.
3. A reader shall not write upon, damage or mark any book belonging to the library.
4. Students/members will vacate their seats ten minutes before the closing of library.
5. The librarian reserve the right to suspend/cancel the membership of any member found misbehaving with the library staff or for any other indecent behaviour.
6. The librarian can recall any book from any member at any time.
7. No book shall be issued to loan, which librarian feels is not in a condition to be safely handled by the borrower.
8. The library will not be responsible for member’s personal belongings/ property lost in the library.
9. The members are not allowed to use mobiles in library premises. They are requested to switch off their mobiles or keep them on vibration while entering in the library.
10. The readers are requested to check the books before borrowing and ensure that these are not damaged. If a book is found to be damaged or certain pages are missing, the reader should get this statement recorded on the book by library staff, otherwise he/ she shall be held responsible for the damage found at the time of returning books. They have to pay binding charges as per rule if it is found damaged or have to replace a new book if it is not fit for binding.
11. In case any book lost by the reader, he/ she can replace the new brand book of latest edition of the same book or he/ she can deposit the current price of the book. In case the current price is not available with the librarian, double cost of the book will be charged.
12. The entry in the library will be allowed strictly with library card only.
13. The reference books and rare books will not be issued.
14. Fine from the students for overdue books will be charged as Rs. 1 per day for first 15 days and Rs. 5 per day thereafter.